Welcome to Bamboo Down Under…
Australia’s Ultimate Bamboo Experience
Awarded QLDs Best Specialty Garden Centre!
Why Clumping Bamboo?
- PLANT NOW FOR EXTRA GROWTH BEFORE WINTER!!
- Non invasive
- Shallow root system
- Fast growing
- Great for screening to a wide range of different heights
- Will grow in narrow spaces
- Attractive as an ornamental / feature plant
- Tolerant of a wide range of conditions
- Minimal care requirements
- Drought tolerant once established
- Many uses i.e. decorative poles, garden stakes, edible shoots
- Many varieties with colourful stems and different types of foliage
Our friendly and knowledgeable staff are trained in species identification, selection & best uses for all species of bamboo, and can help find which bamboo is perfect for you! And they know all the right questions to ask to make this an easy task!
Like us on FACEBOOK and subscribe to our newsletter for our monthly specials in the top left corner.
Solve These Common Garden Problems
Are you in need of some PRIVACY? Don't have much space to plant? Or just looking for a wonderful problem solving plant? Clumping bamboo is fast becoming the most popular way to provide some privacy, noise-barriers, wind-breaks or shade for your read more
Here is your chance to win $100 worth of bamboo, plants and products! All you have to do is brag about your bamboo! Simply send in 'before & after photos' of your bamboo at the time of planting and a current photo read more
More Than Just A Bamboo Nursery
We are a Specialist Bamboo Nursery, Tourist Attraction and Garden Centre. We are the Queensland State winners of the 2013 Nursery and Garden Industry Awards for best Specialty Garden Centre! We have a large range of foliage plants, fruit trees and gardening read more
Always wanted a little bit of "Bamboo Down Under" at home? Now you can! Our 2014 Bamboo Down Under Calendar features a spectacular bamboo species each month on a full A3 portrait size calendar (A4 photograph, A4 month page). Our fantastic calendar is down to read more