Welcome to Bamboo Down Under…
Australia’s Ultimate Bamboo Experience
Bring the kids.... Entry is free!
Why Clumping Bamboo?
- WINTER IS THE PERFECT TIME TO PLANT!
- Non invasive
- Shallow root system
- Fast growing
- Great for screening to a wide range of different heights
- Will grow in narrow spaces
- Attractive as an ornamental / feature plant
- Tolerant of a wide range of conditions
- Minimal care requirements
- Drought tolerant once established
- Many uses i.e. decorative poles, garden stakes, edible shoots
- Many variety's with colourful stems and different types of foliage
Our friendly and knowledgable staff are trained in species identification, selection & best uses for all species of bamboo, and can help find which bamboo is perfect for you! And they know all the right questions to ask to make this an easy task!
Like us on FACEBOOK and subscribe to our newsletter for our monthly specials in the top left corner.
View our monthly specials, savings and bargains available at our Wongawallan site. Month of May specials currently on Gingers, Heliconias, Silver Plum bromeliads, Chungii Bamboo & Giant Buddhas Belly bamboo. Subscribe to our fortnightly electronic newsletter for instant read more
More than just a Bamboo Nursery
We are a Specialist Bamboo Nursery, Tourist Attraction, Garden Centre and much more! We have a large range of foliage plants, fruit trees and gardening supplies available, in addition to the to crazy bamboo maze, enchanted forest, read more
Solve These Common Garden Problems
Are you in need of some PRIVACY? Don't have much space to plant? Or just looking for a wonderful problem solving plant? Clumping read more
Dendrocalamus minor var amoenus is a stunningly beautiful, ornamental, clumping bamboo that enhances almost any landscape situation. It is one of the worlds most beautiful tropical looking bamboos and is also one of the easiest to grow. Only gets to 8 mtrs with a tight clumping habit. If you are read more